Friday, August 8, 2008

It costs way too much to be chronically sick...

Where are I am going to get the money to pay for all my medical expenses?
How can I get and keep good health coverage?
What should I do now to prepare for continuing health problems?


I went from working two jobs to being on modified bed rest. The medical bills came flying in, and the stress of a chronic illness, in addition to financial difficulty, was overwhelming. I quickly became informed on ways to save money!
Every week, I'll post new advice for the financial struggles of having a complicated illness.

Tip #1
Always avoid a break in health coverage. If you have a break in health coverage, it gives health insurance companies license to refuse to cover any preexisting conditions. Also, become informed about where politicians stand on health issues.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/healthcare/



http://www.johnmccain.com/healthcare/



It is becoming increasingly difficult for chronically ill patients to get good health coverage. I have $30,000 in debt solely due to health care costs, because my illness was considered a preexisting condition, and health insurance companies refused to cover it.

If you're too sick to work full-time, there are companies that offer part-time benefits.
Discover Card
REI
Target
IKEA
Circuit City
Trader Joes
Starbucks
Barnes and Noble
Lowes
Nordstrom
JCPenny
UPS

No comments: