Sunday, January 25, 2009

Forget the guilt!

So this is my new year's resolution: Forget the guilt! I made a lot of mistakes last year. All this healthy eating, exercising, and managing illness stuff isn't easy. So, I'm getting rid of the guilt and moving forward in 2009 with no regrets and no guilt! Yeah!

I am seriously getting burnt out on all this bettering-myself and caring-for-myself stuff. Don't worry; I'm not abandoning everything that I've been working so hard to do to maintain a life with less pain. And yes, I will faithfully continue to write all the wisdom I'm gleaning from my research and real life experiences. I'm just taking a moment to chill and be grateful. I just talked to my best friend on the phone and we realized that life can sometimes suck the fun out of you. My chronic illnesses definitely demand a lot of my time and tons of my energy, which can, in turn, leave me depleted and suck the personality right out of me. And now that I'm kicking my chronic illnesses to the curb, fun Em is back and excited to be alive. I'm making new year's resolution to eat dark chocolate and watch lots of awesomely-pointless movies! Happy New Year everyone!

6 comments:

heidijogoody said...

You are awesome Em! Even through everything you have been through you are still able to keep a good attitude about it all. I love you girl!

MA said...

This is Jonathan. Enjoy the dark chocolate!! Thanks to Benjamin (I know he picked it out) for the jacket. It has been incorporated into my daily routine of changing into lounge clothes (which now include my new Em-Benj striped jacket) immediately after I get home from work/school. MA is continuously jealous of my comfort when I'm wearing this. I'm wearing it right now. I love it. My lounge clothes also include a particular light blue shirt with a picture of a robot and baby on it. This is perhaps a strange comment to your post, but I just had to express my love for this jacket.

MA said...

Isn't my husband silly! lol...

MA said...

ok so I just read this post and had to comment again to tell you how awesome you are! you rock and I just love ya to pieces and I know we will have a successful year at obtaining our new goal to be fun! hooray for guilt free fun!

Amy said...

Emily: Today I am trying to clean up life and came across your note you sent forever ago. You are amazing and we love you. Thanks for thinking of us and being there, I will start following your blog.

Amy

blueeyedfreckle said...

hey! I just tried to leave this long comment on your other blog about acupuncture and it didn't work, so here goes again! I am happy for your new year's resolution! And Franc and I are so crazy excited that you and BJ are moving back here! We can't wait to hang out with you guys, and do fun, cultural things together (meaning, there are so many cool things to do in ATL: art, music, film, festivals, etc but we have no one to do them with). yippee! I hope you find a good clinic here that has all the different types f doctors working together, like you did in UT. C U soon!